Friday, August 20, 2010

MSI--It's a Good Deal.


You're looking at pictures my niece Jackie shared with me from her recent visit to the Museum of Science and Industry.  She went there with a couple college friends and noted that one reason they chose MSI was it’s priced far better than the other major Chicago museums.  Entrance to the museum (without any shows and such) is only $15!  It costs nearly twice as much to go to the Field Museum ($29) and the Shedd Aquarium ($27).  Surprised?  I was!

Avalanche
Tornado
That low entrance fee includes the fabulous new Science Storms exhibit as well as old favorites like the Fairy Castle and the Farm.   These Science Storms pictures were a real treat for me because I haven't seen the exhibit myself yet.  (It would be great to be able to take my time seeing and absorbing it all when I'm living there!)  Jackie regretted not taking a video of these motion exhibits.  But have no fear!  I'll post a model tornado video here soon.  Yes!  I happen to have my own model tornado here at home.  It's not quite 40 feet tall, but it's the best I can do while living here and not at the museum.


Ah, the Fairy Castle!  What girl of ANY age doesn't love this dream house with its soft lighting and enchanting details?  That childhood love of dollhouses is in evidence at my own home in my collection of miniature chairs.
Well, these are bigger than the chairs in Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle, but this is my own dollhouse chair collection.


Oh, the Farm!  Even city girls like us enjoy a visit to the farm.  The attraction the museum holds for me is as much about fond memories revived by these old exhibits as it is about the exciting new experiences that await me there now.  Plus, the museum has revamped many of the old exhibits and made them even better--udderly different!

No comments:

Post a Comment